Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I thought there was a tank shortage...?

Okay, I know that people are almost always looking for a tank for a level 70 instance. Hell, there are a lot of people in between 60 and 70 that need a tank for the pre-70 instances, too.

Then why the hell can't my Bear Tank get a group for Mana Tombs or Auchenai Crypts? I know that people don't like the Auchindoun instances too much, but am I the only person who knows that the bosses in there still drop loot that can be very beneficial? I'd like to have the Idol of the Claw from Mana Tombs while finishing off my last few levels.

There are no alts in my guild, Order of the Oak, that are near my level save one paladin. Plus, PUGing is shoddy in the summer time with all the kids out of school. Will I be relegated to leveling up the rest of the way without hitting some of these instances? Will I have to struggle even harder to tank instances at 70 since no one wanted me to tank instances at 6X? Only time will tell.

5 comments:

Brian said...

Boyd,I think Blizzard killed those instances with their change of the heroic run requirements. When folks needed to be revered to hit heroics, people needed to hit those instances and by taking away the key requirements for Kara. With the extra rep for quests in those lower instances, it made more sense to do them then to grind Shadow Labs. Now, people tend to level up to 70 as fast as they can. They may hit some Hellfire instances. They may hit a little in Coilfang. Mostly, you see them level up to be able to hit Kara and then start running the heroic of the day or they hit Bot for the Badge Bonanza.
Keep it up though. You're doing a great job as a tank and will be a fine one at 70. Now if Blizz would throw feral tanks a little bone gear wise, you'd be in great shape!

E

Unknown said...

I know the struggle that you're dealing with brother. I think E hit it right on the head with how fast everyone is grinding to get to 70. You know if you ever want to run anything even those lower level insto's gimme a holler.

Antne

Keri said...

Bizzle! I'll help out anytime dude! Jac or Issy, just let me know...I guess I haven't been on enough lately to know you've been trying to get groups but soon enough I'll be back to the normal 24/7 play schedule =P

Unknown said...

quit QQing .... nub. anything you get from the lower runs you will replace your first 3 runs into kara... and everything you get in kara could be replaced by S2 gear.

love u tho.

punk.

*snicker*


mel.

Anonymous said...

save one Pally, hey that's me!!! Elphy will run with you anytime although she doesn't contribute much other than her pleasant company :) I think you are doing great with your tanking btw!

~Crystal aka Lyn