Friday, July 18, 2008

The WotLK Beta


It's official. The Wrath of the Lich King beta forum is now open to the public.

I read a few posts, but it's still so new and early in the day that I don't think many people are awake and online yet. I did learn that you can't actually post there unless you have a Beta account, which is unfortunate. Seemingly the people that are posting and testing as we speak are the ones who already had Beta keys from previous events.

So the question still remains: Has Blizzard started emailing keys to people that entered into the Beta Opt-In?

I really do hope that I am selected, or my wife. I really want to just get in there and explore and see everything for myself, but more importantly I actually want to test the place out. What could be cooler than exploring the new content, examining every facet of an expansion that they've worked so long and hard on, than to critique everything that seems wrong or out of place knowing that it will only improve the quality of the game for the millions of users that will be playing in the future?

So here are my questions to you, new reader:

1.) Will you read the Beta forums often to learn as much as you can?
2.) Why do you want to be selected to participate in the WotLK Beta?



Here are some links of interest:

WotLK beta patch notes
WotLK beta General Forum

Keep in mind, you cannot post here unless you have received a beta key (and in turn, a temporary beta account). There is not a Non-Disclosure Agreement for the beta, so feel free to frequent the forums and learn as much as you can.

If I am by chance selected to test the beta, you can rest assured that I'll be blogging here about it non-stop. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I opted in for it a while back also. I mainly wanna get in there and do as you said. See the new stuff that they have been working hard on. Also, if something is broken, I'LL find it or find a way to break it :) It would be cool to test the enviroment and make any suggestions/find bugs that would help the game run smoother on release.

Antne

Vito said...

"So the question still remains: Has Blizzard started emailing keys to people that entered into the Beta Opt-In?"

The answer is yes. I've read posts of people who have gotten their keys. It's so exciting, no?

-Amun

Boyd said...

"The answer is yes. I've read posts of people who have gotten their keys. It's so exciting, no?"

Hmm... I've been looking around all day and I have seen evidence only of Alpha players being locked out, and other players with Beta keys from things like buying the WoW laptop. I'm not really sure that the Opt-In emailing has started yet.

Only Blizzard knows, and judging from the beta and official forums, they're not saying much.